Wednesday, June 23, 2010

an update for no one

I do often wonder what the traffic is like on these silly little blogs. For whom do I make these updates (except myself, only to placate some ounce of obligation I have towards career-building, self advertisement)? Perhaps I rely on the off chance that some hopeless reader will stumble across tracyjlee.blogspot.com. In the name of serendipity, to those single pair of eyes out there, here's the update for you and only you (don't you feel so special?): I have graduated, had a show, and relocated from the sticks of Upstate New York to the sticks of Maine. Watershed Center for Ceramics in Newcastle, Maine to be specific.

I have been hired as one of two kitchen staff for the summer and am responsible for preparing healthful, balanced meals with a concern for local foods. I'll fit studio work in there somewhere, eventually. I think my artistic inclinations have manifested themselves through the cooking (this may just be a fancy excuse for my lack of ceramic output). Fortunately, each meal seems to have been a success (pictures to come, someday) i.e. this evening's fried chicken (yes, fried chicken), fried tofu for the veggies, curried wild rice salad, rosemary and sea salt loaves, cream of carrot soup and salad from the farm down the road. Being a good cook is a good way to make people like you, it seems. The resident artists are wonderful, and each session (which is only two weeks long) holds true every time. Dan Murphy, Dean Adams, and Trevor Dunn are heading a wood-kiln building session this time around. The progress sounds like it's going well (at this point, I wouldn't know, as I reside up the hill in the kitchen most of the time). Yes, all is so well and quaint in this hippie-clay-commune...
After all of this, I move on to the Clay Studio in Philadelphia, PA in the fall. Hoorah! Now. I just need some roommates, a job and a place to live. Hmm.

Finally, the point of this update of sorts was simply to state that I am resurrecting this blog for the gajillionth time, and am in the process of fixing things, uploading images, resume, and making things look pretty. Pardon the shoddy design flaws that can be such an eyesore. I'm doing my best with a shitty internet connection, a mediocre blog-server-thing, and next to no html/web knowledge.

1 comment:

Alicia Eggert said...

you shouldn't care if anyone is looking... but people are looking whether or not you care