Friday, September 10, 2010

Watershed, pictures, philadelphia&tc

Some images from Watershed Session VI with Nina Hole and Ann-Charlotte Olson. Check out more of Nina Hole's monumental sculptures. A scattered presentation of some of the wonderful friends I made this summer. Incredible human beings! I love and miss you all! nostalgic, a bit? Settling into my place in Chinatown. It's really quite incredible to be here. It's been only a week and it feels like a month has gone by. The security and quiet of the bucolic setting where I resided for four years really puts Philadelphia into contrast. It's an exciting change; I feel as though I've already learned a lot about myself this week alone. (I learned to parallel park, be an asshole city driver, acquired 7 new keys, walked my half dead bike across the city to fix it at the amazing Bike Church ...) I've been attentive of my surroundings, more self aware. I can feel a seed of inspiration being planted-- I'm sure once things get settled, some grain of creative concept with have been cultivated. Words and images that have been swimming through my head of late: urban detritus, rubble, ornament, pattern, grid/map, direction, keys, that incredible brick wall on 10th/Vine... My work at The Clay Studio starts next week. Our duties as work exchange aren't necessarily exciting enough to elaborate on, but as soon as some work gets made, I'm sure I'll have something to post about it. see you at 50th and Baltimore tomorrow at noon? (check previous post for details!)

No comments: